Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I just wanted to update everyone on what happened today.
We met with the Surgeon that will be over Brooke's surgery and he is a really nice guy. He was very encouraging about the surgery, he said that with Brooke's age she is a perfect canidate and he just really felt that this would give Brooke her life back!
Dr. Honeycutt did say that it would probably be a couple of months before we would see any improvement, and because she is on so much meds that they would have to wing her off of it slowly.

We also met with Brooke's Life Coach Kristin that will be staying with her throughout the entire surgery. She really did a great job on easing Brooke's nerves and assured her that she would be with her the entire time.

I think that it is finally hitting me today all that is involved in the surgery. I am praying that God will guide the surgeons hands and that he will keep her safe from infections that seems to be one of the biggest risk. Pastor Randy called and said a word of prayer with me that helped a lot.
Thanks, for all that have posted on the blog their words of encouragement have meant the world to us.
The Dr. said that they will try to keep us updated every hour tomorrow, and as soon as the surgery is over we will go from the recovery room to ICU.

Ash., try not to worry I want you to take care of yourself.

I love you and miss you bunches!

Love,
Mom

8 comments:

  1. Mom, Brooke and Jeff,
    I am praying for all of you and pray that God would give you all a since of peace that passes all understanding. Mom, remember that you don't have to be the strong rock, just lean on God and let him be the strong rock that holds you up! And Brooke, I can not believe that I am not there in person, but please know that I am there in spirit with all my love, thoughts and prayers are right there with you!!! You are going to do great tomorrow, you are so strong and you have so many people praying for you!!! I love you and miss you soooo much!!!! Love Sissy and Toddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke,

    My mom and I know you are going to do great tomorrow. We will come see you when you are ready for visitors and we can compare stories :)Kristin is awesome she was my Child Life too, she held my hand and talked to me when I needed her too. Be brave it will be over soon and you will be so happy you did it in a few months.

    Sam Gladen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke,

    Hey Girl, I just want you to know that God has an amazing Plan! I will be praying everyday and from what i know you are in perfect hands at the hospital, and most of all God's. I can not wait to see your smiling face and hear your intoxicating laugh again soon! I love you Brooke! :)

    -Alan Grissom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you - for peace of mind and for a miraculous recovery. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist while you are away.

    Laura Slyman Piers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Brooke,

    This is Ellie's mom from school. I just wanted you to know I will be thinking and praying for/about you all week. I know things will go well and you will be back with us soon. Ellie wants to post as soon as she gets home tommorow. Take care and know we are all cheering for you!

    Mrs. Ziolkowski

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Brooke,

    Just a note to let you know that we are saying a special prayer for you and your family today. You will get through this just fine! Jessica says hi and cannot wait to play with you again. We will see you when you get back to Tennessee. Take care and may God bless you.

    Love,

    Fredrico, Francine & Jessica Dixon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Brooke,
    I want you to know that you are one special little girl! You have so many people that love and care for you....we are all praying for you and your quick recovery! My God use and guide the doctors...We love you and can't wait til you are home again! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...may God grant you all peace and understanding in this time of uncertianty. If you need anything, let us know!

    Love,
    Melissa, Billy, Jacob and Jordan Carter

    ReplyDelete